For Campaigners: 4 Quick and Easy Steps…all FREE!
- Submit Your Story. Submit your inspiring story or an inspiring story of someone you know. Just a brief summary – one or two paragraphs. Feel free to add a picture and/or video link, if there is one. Also, tell us why a video of your story would be helpful to others and what would motivate people to support the production of your video.
- We Review Your Story. We will review your story to make sure it’s inspiring and a good fit for a crowdfunding campaign on our site.
- We Help You Edit. Our professional writers and editors will help you craft the way your story is told to enhance the potential of your campaign getting funded.
- We Post, We Both Share. Once your story is approved, we make your campaign page ‘live’ and we make it easy for you to share your campaign page with family, friends, supporters, and the rest of the world to help you fund the production of your inspiring video.
Please note that the campaign funding goals are estimates of production costs. Once your campaign is fully funded, we’ll go into video production. After production, if the actual costs are less than your funding goal, we will issue you or your organization a refund of the unused balance.
For example, if your funding goal was $2,500 but production costs were only $2,100, you will receive a $400 refund, minus any processing and credit card fees.
How much money will you need to raise…in order to produce your video?
The cost of your video will be determined after we review your story. Every story is unique. And so is every video. We will contact you with suggestions on the type of video that would best fit your story. In general, the types of videos we provide are the following:
- 60 or 90 sec Testimonials (e.g., a personal interview of you telling how you overcome a difficult or challenging obstacle)
- 2 or 3 min Mini Documentaries (e.g., for example “a day in the life” type video or the true story behind your book, etc.)
- 30 or 60 sec ads (e.g., a video that showcases your non-profit, or a helpful product or service)
- Custom videos (longer than 3 minutes)
What happens after your video is produced?
After your mini-doc, testimonial, or ad video is produced and approved, you will receive your video and we will promote it on our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube page via standard posts and paid ads (e.g., using Facebook and YouTube ad services to market your video to thousands).
What happens if your campaign does not reach the funding goal by its deadline?
Seeing that we use “all or nothing” crowdfunding on our site, if your campaign has not met its funding goal by the set deadline, your Backers’ credit card will NOT be charged. And unfortunately, your video will not be produced. So, we encourage you to ask your family and friends to pledge on your campaign to get it funded before or by the deadline date. To learn more about “all or nothing” crowdfunding please visit our FAQ page.
For Backers: 3 Quick and Easy Steps!
A Backer is a caring supporter who makes an online pledge towards funding a video campaign.
- Select the campaign you want to support. Review the Save Our Legacy site and select the inspiring story (or stories) that you want to support.
- Click on the support button. Select your pledge amount and then “check out”.
- Enter your payment information. Enter your credit card information through our secured checkout form and “make a purchase”. You will receive an automated message and receipt with your pledge details. All transactions conducted through Save Our Legacy is handled by our payments partner, Stripe.
Please note: Your credit card will NOT be charged until the campaign has reached its targeted funding goal by, or before the deadline.
For example, if you pledged $50 to your co-worker’s campaign on March 25th and the campaign goal was finally met on April 10th (the deadline), your credit card will not be charged until April 10th.
Who Can Use Save Our Legacy?
Anyone who has an interesting/inspirational/uplifting story to share with others… about overcoming difficult challenges can use our site. This includes individuals, nonprofit organizations, motivational speakers, authors, community leaders, and many more. Any campaign started by a Campaigner must coincide with the Save Our Legacy mission.
What Are Legacy Credits?
Legacy Credits are rewards given to “Registered Backers” (those who register to our site and fund the videos) in exchange for specific contribution levels to a given campaign. Each Legacy Credit is valued at $5.00.
Legacy Credits are non-redeemable, and are only for use within the Save Our Legacy website. They cannot be converted into actual currency or cash, and can only be used to support other campaign videos and/or other add-on features on our site.
For example, for every $50 a Backer gives to a campaign– that gets fully funded– they will receive one Legacy Credit as a ‘Thank You!’ (valued at $5.00).
Backers can earn up to a maximum of 5 Legacy Credits ($25) on one campaign, and up to a maximum of 25 Legacy Credits ($125) across the site.
** Please note that non-registered Backers cannot earn any Legacy Credits on our site. Therefore, the Backer must register on our site before making their pledge in order to earn their Legacy Credits. If the Backer does not register, they will not earn any Legacy Credits.
Legacy Credits Table
Amount Given to
|Legacy Credit(s)||Campaign or