Date: Jan 31, 2014
a) Credit card info
Save Our Legacy does not collect or store any credit card information directly from a user. Nor does Save Our Legacy payout funds directly to users via credit cards.
Backer Pledge Collection (Stripe)
- All credit cards used for campaign pledges will be processed through Stripe.com
Campaigner Payouts (PayPal)
- All payouts to campaigners are handled via PayPal.com.
b) Security (SSL Certificate)
- SSL provider: GeoTrust QuickSSL, please see https://smarticon.geotrust.com/smarticonprofile?Referer=http://saveourlegacy.com for more info.
- SSL certification not supported on Windows XP using IE 8 or earlier
c) Information Collected
Save Our Legacy will need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Service, that may include:
- personal identification details (such as your name, telephone number, email address, state and country residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Service, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
- your login and password details;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Service;
- information about your activity on and interaction with the Site and Services, such as your IP address and the device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, questions, comments, or concerns sent via our forms); and
- information that you submit to the Site in the form of pledges, comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
d) What’s public
Additional Information Shared with Campaigner
- all approved campaigns, campaigner information, campaign details, and successfully funded videos
- backer information (such as user name, list of campaigns pledged, pledge amount) for those who have agreed to make their pledge public
- any posts to the Site using third party plugins or widgets (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- any comments made on approved campaigns
- any information you choose to add to your profile (such as your pictures, video posts)
In addition to the public information available to all users of the site, additional Backer information may need to be shared with the Campaigner. If the Campaigner decides to provide a reward for certain pledge levels, that Campaigner will need to know the Backer’s shipping information (first and last name, mailing address, and email address). We do not share Backer payment information with the Campaigner.
e) What’s private
- PayPal associated email address
- your password details
- your IP address
- your phone number, email address, and street address
- communications you send to us (for example, questions, comments, or concerns sent via our forms)
Please note that we do not share any of our user’s information with third party services. Save Our Legacy does not collect or store credit card information. Credit cards will be processed through Stripe for campaign pledges.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Save Our Legacy’s legal rights.
f) What remains after deleting account (we cannot control third party handling)
- Any successfully funded campaigns and associated content, such as:
- Public campaign details (such as funding goal amount and final campaign funded amount)
- Public Backer details (Backer user names and pledge amount)
- Any comments, pictures, videos, or posts associated with the campaign
- Articles regarding campaign
- Any content shared with third party services (such as “Likes via Facebook, and tweets on Twitter)
- Campaigner Appeal (brief overview of story)