- We use Stripe.com to process all payments on our site.
- All transactions are subject to a Save Our Legacy non-refundable service fee of $1.50.
- All payments received for any campaign featured on our site are non-refundable after the campaign has been fully funded.
- All pledges submitted to Save Our Legacy is processed through Stripe. However, Backers do not need a Stripe account to make a pledge toward any campaign.
- Stripe is used to charge Backer credit cards only when the campaign is fully funded.
- In the event that a Campaigner forfeits their video production project for any reason, the Backer will be given the option to receive a refund of their money (minus our non-refundable $1.50 service fee).
- Upon forfeiting the video project, Save Our Legacy will send out a notification to each contributing Backer regarding the project status change. This message may also provide the Backer with the option to either claim their refund or convert the refund to Legacy Credits to be used to fund another campaign. Backers are not required to have a Stripe account to receive refunds.
- Please note: Legacy Credits are not earned on refunded contributions. Any Legacy Credits provided as refunds will be refunded at the value of the original contribution.
Campaigner Pay Outs:
- Campaigners are required to have an existing PayPal account to receive a payout from remaining balances on their fully funded campaign. However, funds will not be provided until video production has been completed.
- Any cash outs made to Campaigners will be made through PayPal. Please note: all Campaigners requesting funds to be cashed out must have a PayPal account. You will need to add the email associated with your PayPal account to your profile. We are not responsible if the Campaigner provides an incorrect email address. If a campaigner does not have an existing PayPal account, they are required to set up an account at PayPal.com. We will confirm the email address of the Campaigner during the production process. However, please make sure that the email address provided is the correct email address.
- Legacy Credits are rewards that the Save Our Legacy site provides based on Registered Backers’ level of contribution toward any particular campaign.
- Each Legacy Credit is site valued at $5.
- Legacy Credits are non-redeemable and are only for use within the site and cannot be converted into actual cash. They can only be used to help support other campaign videos and other future add-on features on our site.
- Non-registered Backers cannot earn any Legacy Credits on our site. Therefore, the Backer must register on our site before making their pledge in order to earn their Legacy Credits. If the Backer does not register, they will not earn any Legacy Credits.
- Please see the How It Works page for more detail.
Campaigner Provided Rewards:
- It is left to the discretion of the Campaigner to choose what items and/or services will be offered to the Backer based on their contribution. However, Save Our Legacy does provide consultation to the Campaigner on the best rewards to offer based on their campaign.
- All campaigners are responsible for the delivery of their own advertised rewards.
- Save Our Legacy is not responsible for any undelivered, misrepresented, or damaged rewards offered by the Campaigner on our site.
Save Our Legacy is founded by a team grounded in Christian morals and values. Therefore, we DO NOT allow the following conduct to take place on our site:
- use of profane words, images, or videos to convey a message
- use of demeaning, belittling, disrespectful, or degrading words for the intent of intimidating or threatening another individual, otherwise known as cyberbullying
- posting of sexually explicit content (language, images, video, or audio) directly on our site or referenced via a link to an external site containing such content
- use of negative language, harassment, abuse, or slander targeting race, ethnicity, sex, gender, age, disability, or occupation
- posting of material displaying harm or mistreatment of a person, group of persons, or animal
- use of our site, in any form or fashion, as a means to spam users with product offers or inappropriate content
- any activity that would disrupt or interfere with the functionality of the site and it’s services
- No soliciting, promotion, or exploitation of the use of drugs, alcohol, and firearms in the form of images or footage posted on the website
A user may post logos, pictures, video links, text and graphics (collectively referred to as User Content) adhering to our Site Conduct on Save Our Legacy.
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you grant Save Our Legacy and our users a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, publicly display, publicly perform, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, and distribute your User Content on or in connection with the Service and our related marketing and promotional activities. Each user represents and warrants that their User Content and our use of their User Content will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, privacy rights, confidentiality, rights of publicity or otherwise violate these Terms or applicable law.
Any pictures, images, music and footage used in the video production of a Campaigner’s video cannot infringe upon a third party’s intellectual property or copyrights. This is including, but not limited to brand images, such as logos or products displaying logos of another company or marks of the brand without the pre-authorized consent of that company.
Save Our Legacy Branding Policy
The Save Our Legacy logo and distinguished mark (the Lion in between the wording “Save Our Legacy”) is the property of Save Our Legacy Inc. Please note Save Our Legacy logo or branding will appear on certain videos that have been fully funded on SaveOurLegacy.com, with the exception of ads and selected testimonial videos.
Use of Save Our Legacy brand.
We give all Campaigners the authorization to use the Save Our Legacy logo illustrating the “.com” appended at the end of the site name (“SaveOurLegacy.com”), otherwise known as the SaveOurLegacy.com logo. The SaveOurLegacy.com logo can be used by any Campaigner in any marketing material that is promoting the Campaigner’s campaign page. The Save Our Legacy name and logo is to be printed and represented in the manner that they appear on our site or in the logo with no other rearrangements.
Definition/role for Campaigners:
All Campaigners are responsible for the promotion of their campaign page in print form, on social media platforms, via email, and in any other electronic form. To assist Campaigners in social media promotions, Save Our Legacy provides several social media widgets including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+. Additionally, Users can use the embedded code for posting on third party websites.
Definition/role for Backers:
Backers are not required to register an account with SaveOurLegacy.com. However, Backers must register an account in order to earn or be refunded in Legacy Credits. Please note that if a Backer does not have an account, all refunds issued will be credited back to that Backer’s credit card and cannot be transferred into Legacy Credits.
It is the responsibility of each Backer to update Save Our Legacy with accurate credit card information. In the event that the Backer’s credit card has been declined, not approved, or has become invalid at the time of processing a fully funded campaign, Save Our Legacy will notify the Backer to update their credit card to be charged.
Save Our Legacy is a mission-driven, media company.
Save Our Legacy is a mission-driven, media company that allows Campaigners who comply with Save Our Legacy’s policies to submit real, inspiring stories of overcoming various life challenges to be crowdfunded and produced into professional videos. Save Our Legacy allows individuals and organizations nationwide to raise funds and produce inspiring video testimonials, mini documentaries and ads. These inspiring videos will not only highlight remarkable stories, books or services but also help people overcome challenges of their own.
Save Our Legacy Campaign Process:
- We review the Campaigner’s story to make sure it’s inspiring and a good fit for a funding campaign on our site.
- Our professional writers and editors help Campaigners craft the way their story (or a story of another person) is told to enhance the potential for the campaign to be funded.
- Once the Campaigner’s story is approved, we make their campaign page live and we make it easy for them to share their campaign page with family, friends, supporters and the rest of the world to help fund the production of their inspiring video.
- Once the campaign has become fully funded, and we have entered the video production process, a Save Our Legacy producer will assist the Campaigner in writing their script for the video.
- Video production turnaround time is about 12 business days. After the first cut of the video has been edited, the Campaigner will be allowed to review the video to suggest additional edits based on pre-existing footage from their original shoot.
- After the Campaigner’s video has been produced, any remaining balance of the project funds will be sent to the Campaigner via their PayPal associated email. Each Campaigner is required to have a PayPal account established to receive the remaining funds from their campaign. The PayPal associate email will be verified during the production process. Save Our Legacy is not responsible for any funds that have been sent to an email account that the Campaigner no longer uses with PayPal. It is the Campaigner’s responsibility to provide Save Our Legacy with an accurate email associated with PayPal in order to receive their remaining campaign funds.
Story Submissions for Campaigns:
- Non-profits, Authors, motivational speakers, and Individuals
If you are submitting a personal story to be produced into a video and want or need to protect individuals in your story, we encourage you to do the following:
- Leave out, not include, or avoid using real names of individuals, companies and any products and/or services provided by such companies, professionals, and pending court cases or people involved in these cases in your story.
- Use terms such as: him, her, them, they, the “doctor”, or any term that doesn’t provide an individual, professional, or company name.
- All story submissions must adhere to the items listed out in the Site Conduct section of our site. Additionally, the Campaigner agrees that all stories submitted consist of accurate and true events that have taken place in the individual’s life to the best of their knowledge. Campaigns that have been approved, but later been revealed to be untrue or false will be removed indefinitely from our site. As a result of a falsified story, the Campaigner of the story will be banned from submitting any future stories.
- If you submit your story to be crowdfunded into a video, you release the rights for our production team to film you on camera and you will be required to sign a release form on the day of the video shoot. In addition, any persons who will be in your video will be required to sign a release form for permission to film them in your video.
- Minimum age for story submission is 18 years old. Stories can be concerning individuals under 18. However, the Campaigner submitting the story must be at least 18 years of age.
Conduct of Video Production Process – All participants in the production of any video is expected to adhere to the same conduct listed in our Site Conduct section.
Please note that you are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. Save Our Legacy will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content in our site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
All rights, title and interest, including all copyrights, intellectual and other proprietary rights, in and to each Video as well all raw footage shot by Save Our Legacy or Save Our Legacy third party videographers, including, without limitation, tapes, out-takes, “b-roll”, location shots and clips (the “Raw Footage”), will be the property of Save Our Legacy. Save Our Legacy or Save Our Legacy’s third party licensors retain all rights of ownership and copyright and any related rights to any music, musical composition, sound recording, arrangement, reproduction, sound transmission, broadcast, dissemination, performance and moral rights for the music used in any Video whether it is an original musical composition created by Save Our Legacy or is licensed by Save Our Legacy from a third party.
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a revocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, transmit and stream the Video as provided by Save Our Legacy. You may use the Video as you choose, so long as Save Our Legacy has not revoked your Non-Exclusive License and so long as you agree not to alter, assign, or resell the Video; or distribute, transmit, stream or otherwise display the Video on any website that is offensive, illegal, promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous or displays pornography of any kind.
Our limited usage rights.
You grant to Save Our Legacy the royalty-free right and license to use the Raw Footage, Video and Materials. Save Our Legacy will not distribute, transmit, stream or otherwise portray your name, likeness or image through any medium that is illegal, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous or displays pornography of any kind.
Video Production Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
Any cancellation of your video production project within 48 hours of reaching the campaign funding goal, forfeits any funding received from your campaign, and the funds will be credited to the Backers’ credit card (minus our $1.50 service fee).
Any cancellation of your video production project after 48 hours of reaching your campaign funding goal forfeits all funding received from your campaign. Due to charges incurred in pre-production, in the case where a Campaigner cancels a video production project after the 48hr window mentioned, Backers will be entitled to a 50% refund on their initial pledges, minus the Save Our Legacy $1.50 service fee.
Once the production date has been scheduled, you will have up to 72 hours prior to the date of the shoot to reschedule. Failure to reschedule 72 hours prior to the production date forfeits all funding received from your campaign. If you fail to appear for your production date, your project will automatically cancel. Due to charges incurred in preparing production, in the case where a Campaigner fails to appear or reschedule within the 72hr window mentioned, Backers will be entitled to a 50% refund on their initial pledges (minus our $1.50 service fee).
Please Note: Any charges incurred as a result of rescheduling or tardiness will be deducted from the Campaigner’s overall campaign funds. If the Campaigner does not have funds to cover the cost in their fully-funded video production budget, the Campaigner will be responsible to cover the cost out of pocket. If the Campaigner fails to cover the cost, their video production project will be cancelled. Please refer to our cancellation policy above.
You indemnify, defend and hold harmless Save Our Legacy, and Save Our Legacy’s affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against all third party claims, suits, proceedings, liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to the extent arising from or based upon (a) the Campaigner’s, Backers or website users gross negligence or willful misconduct; (b) the Campaigners or Backers breach of our Licensing terms, Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy, or any other terms of this here agreement in its entirety; (c) any claim that any mark, copyright, trademark, logo or other element of your business or organization or any Material provided by the Campaigner violates the trademark, patent, copyright or other rights of any third party; (d) the Campaigners or Backers use of the Video that is in breach of these terms; (e) any claim that a Video contains false or misleading statements; (f) any claim related to the Video after the Campaigner takes license of the Video; and (g) any claim that the Video or any part thereof violates any relevant advertising rules or regulations.
Limits to our liability.
EXCEPT FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, IN NO EVENT SHALL SAVE OUR LEGACY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ITS PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, IN NO EVENT SHALL SAVE OUR LEGACY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNTS PAID UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.